Sunday, August 29, 2010

Cake Decorating Class

A few weeks ago I finished a cake decorating class at UVU. I stumbled upon the class while looking for sewing classes and thought it might be fun too. I talked my sil Summer and my friend Nancy into taking the class with me (It didn't take much talking into). These were my two final cakes. Yes, one is of my dog... I couldn't help it.


I was so happy with how the "Sophie" cake turned out. I loved having it in my fridge for a few days, every time I opened it it made me laugh a little.

The second cake also turned out looking pretty good. I have always liked the way these lace cakes look, so I thought I would give it a shot.

7 comments:

Cindy Merris said...

They look AWESOME! Great job!

Karen said...

Ohhh. You are good. I love them both. Foundant I learned is not my friend.

Kari said...

I'm impressed! Especially with the Sophie cake! You're gonna make your kids the best cakes!

Summer Carlile said...

I love how they both turned out!

Lyndee W. said...

They both look great! And yummy.

Nancy Mataoa de Montero said...

Sheesh! You were definitely the best in the class! Too bad mine were such a flop! Don't look at my blog :)

Buell Fam said...

Yesterday Aubrey was making pretend food for me and Brooke. She came out excited and said, "I made our favorite cake for you guys - a Sophie cake!"

Thanks for the cake - it sure was cute!