Saturday, January 17, 2009

Chilli's

Tell me if you think this is crazy. Elliot and I went to Chilli's one night this week for dinner. We ordered queso and fajitas, yumm. As the waitress was putting the queso on the table (it comes piping hot in that skillet thing) she drops it. The caso skillet falls on my side of the table and the hot quaso covers my hand... and my wool coat. I start to panick b/c my hand is litteraly burning, in my panick i couldnt find a napkin b/c mine was covered with quaso. After about 20 seconds of burning I calmly go to the bathroom to wash my hand and run it under cold water. I come back to the table and the manager was there talking to Elliot. I felt really bad for the waittress, so i told the manager that it was fine no big deal, my finger just got a little burned. Well the manager came out and sprayed some burn healing spray on my hand, b/c yes i got a blister on my hand from the stupid quaso. So long story short After burning my finger and having to get my coat dry cleaned they didn't even offer us a complementry meal. I couldn't beleive it!

6 comments:

Karen said...

Oh, Katie, I am so sorry. Yes it is crazy. I feel really bad for you! I think Chili's deserves a real nasty letter and the bill from the dry cleaners!

Saleem Family said...

Katie... you are to nice. Yes it was an accident but they should have comped you. I agree with Karen... send them a bill for the dry cleaning. They should pay for that plus a meal.

Lyndee W. said...

I agree. I wouldn't have paid the bill. I would've refused. I'm surprised Elliot paid. Hope your hand feels better soon.

Shane D. said...

are you kidding me! no free meal.. holy smokes those punks. you should have received a big old gift card. And they should have to pay the dry cleaner bill. or buy you a new coat!

Anonymous said...

Wow that is really sad. I am so sorry your evening out ended up so miserable.

Shannon said...

That is ridiculous!!! You should have totally got a free meal out of that! What a weird Manager to not even offer that. Maybe he can pay your bill on your Coat though, i would go back and Complain!!

Mmmmm.... You did make me want to eat at Chilis though, with that yummy Chips & Queso picture...I need CARBS! haha